Changing names to obtain lower broadband charges f

  tamarells 12:24 22 Feb 2007

My ISP is offering beneficial terms to new members. Would it be possible to have my spouse register with the ISP to obtain better charges after which I could cancel my contract.Naturally a different login name and password would be used.

  anskyber 12:36 22 Feb 2007

But the same telephone number, might be a give away.

I suggest you speak to your ISP and explain the position, some will offer deals assuming that is you have met your 12 month contractual obligation if there is one. Cheaper prices happen all the time.

  Technotiger 12:39 22 Feb 2007

Hi, beware, cheaper prices don't always mean happy customers. Also, you pays peanuts - you gets monkeys!

  Ptolemy 12:51 22 Feb 2007

"But the same telephone number, might be a give away."

Not necessarily a problem as BT now seem to reissue the existing number to new occupants of a property.

However, if you start a new contract you'll be "trapped" for 12 months should a better offer appear within that time.

  tamarells 13:52 22 Feb 2007

Thanks anskyber, Technotiger and Ptolemy - here's hoping it worksout O.K.!

  Batch 13:54 22 Feb 2007

I'm with UKOnline. When they came up with a better offer to new customers I just rang up and asked if I could be switched and they agreed.

If you don't ask....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?