Changing the Name of Outlook.pst file

User-064D8D8D-326C-46F0-A5916820C563BECF 02:44 06 Sep 2009

I work for a company that uses Outlook and has both a hardwired and wifi MS exchange network with MS XP Pro and Office 2003 among other software. They gave me a laptop with MS XP Pro and Office 2003 too and the network engineer set it up to sync with my office desktop Outlook when ever the laptop boots up on the network.

I have the same OS and software on my home network and wifi. I have a lot of contacts as well as personal appointments and reminders on my home Outlook calendar. I want to set the laptop up so I can carry both my office Outlook info as well as my personal home Outlook info with me. I don’t want them to merge together, but want to be able to open my office Outlook file in one window looking at my office email etc, and then open Outlook with my personal email and home info on it. I don’t want to ever merge the info between the two or for the office network to ever have access to my personal files or calendar. I just don’t know how to do the same thing at home.

I currently use a program called Save-N-Sync to back up my home computer to a portable hard drive via USB. I would like to be able to use the same software to replicate pre-selected files, including my home Outlook.pst file between my laptop and my home desk top. I was told that I could change the name of my current home Outlook.pst file and its backup and archive files to some other name like Homeoutlook.pst and manually accomplish this, but I can’t figure it out.

Can anyone help or tell me how this ought to work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?