Changing modem in TalkTalk isp

bowie 20:41 24 Dec 2006

Following on from previous post of sun [email protected] i have just changed the modem router to one mentioned by Stuartli,connected it as per instructions but it will not connect to isp, i think it is still trying to connect through old modem, any ideas how to set it to new modem.
ps. son can not find istall disc from talktalk.

FreeCell 21:10 24 Dec 2006

As you don't provide a link to previous posts can't follow old thread, but if you have a new router then you must add details of your isp into the router so it can connect. Follow router set up instructions for this. Was there a software installation dissk that came with it? If you old router is disconnected, as it should be, then your pc won't be trying to connect through it.

Router should have a web page interface usually accessed by entering http//192.168.0.1 into IE address bar. Via this you can manually enter the ISP details.

Stuartli 21:26 24 Dec 2006

It's 192.168.1.1 in the case of the Guru (Safecom).

You must Save the information entered, not just use Apply, from Tools>System Commands>Save All in the menu.

You have installed LAN drivers and Enabled LAN in the Bios?

Delete the original TalkTalk connection.

The TalkTalk disk will be of no value in this case.

If you wish I can e-mail screen shots of the configuration.

Stuartli 21:28 24 Dec 2006

>>As you don't provide a link to previous posts can't follow old threadAs you don't provide a link to previous posts can't follow old thread>>

Mentioned in bowie's first paragraph...:-)

harry12 21:30 24 Dec 2006

I also bought router recommended by Stuartli and eventually did as suggested on page 9 of installation guide and setup manually. After this method B worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?