Changing Livebox settings to an unsecured network

Daisy22 10:39 24 Oct 2009

Please could someone help with how to do this?

The current configuration is WPA-PSK(TKIP) and I think this is causing problems with some sites (Facebook, even Orange itself, Outlook and Internet Explorer).

I never had these problems before until recently, when the settings were changed from unsecure to secure.

Step by step please would be very helpful.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:02 24 Oct 2009

All this does is stop others connecting to the livebox it will not affect your viewing of content on web pages.

Have you had any updates recently for your browser IE8 had an update last week.

Daisy22 20:00 25 Oct 2009

It's almost like the old days of Freeserve when you had to "be patient" and wait to get connected before broadband.

I've done all the updates, sometimes IE works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it works on the WiFi laptops (like now) sometimes it doesn't but all in all it is really frustrating and I don't know how to sort the problem out.

I just keep getting messages saying "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" for some sites, but others is ok.

It's all very hit and miss and not very good when relying on the internet for work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:51 25 Oct 2009

click here
managing your Livebox settings
The Livebox configuration pages show the following information:

status of your Broadband connection on the Internet.
your Public IP Address provided by Orange Broadband, when you're connected
By clicking on access to the configuration pages, you'll be able to modify the advanced settings of your Livebox.

You will have to enter the username and password of your Livebox. These are different from your Orange Broadband username and password.

The default username and password for your Livebox are:

username : admin
password : admin

Click Configuration
Click Advanced
Click Wireless (make a note of the WPA key)
Click No Security
Click Submit
your Network is now unsecured
Close IE
reopen IE and try to get on the pages you are having problems with I don't think it will make any difference.

to resecure the network go back to the wireles pace and select WPA and enter the key again
click submit

Daisy22 22:51 25 Oct 2009

tried to click on that Fruitbat, but got the usual message "i e cannot display the webpage"

do you have any answers as to why I keep getting this message come up?

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017