Changing ISP

Press Man 16:36 07 Oct 2007

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of moving from Tiscali to ADSL24. ADSL24 appear to offer what I want at a reasonable cost. Views from anyone already with them, or views from anyone regarding their service will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

mrwoowoo 17:29 07 Oct 2007

Found this review.
click here

malgall 17:31 07 Oct 2007

you contact tiscali and ask for a migration code
also called a mac code when you get this you contact adsl24 and tell them your mac code

I think they have five days to supply you with your mac code.
this way you will not lose your broadband
I moved from pipex to zen was very easy

Press Man 17:34 07 Oct 2007

mrwoowoo,

Thanks, seems to be a good ISP.
Anymore folks?

numskull 19:31 07 Oct 2007

Pipex charged me £72.77 for simply requesting a MAC code and I am in the process of trying to get the money back as my 12 month contract with them had expired.

FatboySlim71 21:05 07 Oct 2007

I changed ISP around a month ago as I was sick of the dire customer service and the never kept promises that I got from AOL, I chose Zen, their service is second to none, I can highly recommend them.

A bit of advice, its best going to an ISP who has a 30 day contract. I find the service that I get from Zen is light years ahead of AOL's and also the replies that you get to any of the questions that you ask are clear, detailed and easy to understand, unlike what AOL's were with their usual reply from their A4 script.

click here

Dipso 21:24 07 Oct 2007

The 1 month contract advice is good. Fortunately ADSL24 do offer 1 month contract terms.

Press Man 21:44 07 Oct 2007

OK guys, I have "bit the bullet" and signed up with ADSL24! Lets hope they are as good as they appear to be?
For me this is now resolved, but for now I won't close this thread, as more advice may be useful to others. Many thanks.

FatboySlim71 08:43 08 Oct 2007

Press Man, post back when your up and running with ADSL24, and tell how your transfer went and how you find the service with ADSL24. Has you may know; the first 10 days or so with a new ISP can see your speeds vary GREATLY, I know when I moved from AOL to Zen, my speeds varied GREATLY during the first 10 days or so, but know I get a steady speed at whatever time of day/evening I am using the net :-)

Press Man 22:11 08 Oct 2007

FatboySlim71,

According to the FAQ section at ADSL24 they say that BT can not give clear advice on this, but do say that a profile could become "stuck"? So, it may be a case of monitoring the speeds for the first 10 to 12 days and see how things go. So far I have got access to my account set up payments and email addresses, which, I can send and recieve from and to. Considering I only signed up on the 7th Oct I think that is pretty good! Due to "switch over" on the 15th Oct, lets hope all goes well. Will keep posted on progress.

dirtyh 00:48 09 Oct 2007

just signed up myself with adsl24 office 45
as its upload is double the home 45.

it was a choice between zen adsl24 and idnet all have good reviews.
fingers crossed ill report back in 10 days.

adios

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?