changing isp

baldi 20:16 27 Jul 2006

Hello, I am thinking about changing my isp from aol to the new sky broadband. sky do up to 8mb speed with up to 40gb download for only £5 a month. I am currently paying £22 for aol broadband but with unlimited use. Can anyone advise how much 40gb is? Also, I have heard some horror stories about cancelling aol and have had some dealings with the dreaded aol cutomer services dept myself. I would be interested to hear anyones views on the above, thanks, gary

Diodorus Siculus 20:28 27 Jul 2006

Unless you download a number of large ISOs eg various linux distros, or a lot of music, or listen to the radio via the internet 24 hours a day, you should be safe within a 40GB limit.

NetMeter Homepage
click here This will allow you to get an idea of how much you use.

click here for an example of one guy trying to cancel his AOL account - don't think it's this bad for everyone :-)

phil46 21:39 27 Jul 2006

If your out of contract with AOL in other words you have been with them over a year and you haven't changed your package with in that year you can cancel if however you have not completed your contract you will have to buy it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?