Changing Internet Broadband Provider

LewWeb 20:44 24 May 2007

Having serious account problems with Tiscali...
considering changing provider.
There are many to choose from. What advice can any
member give to recommend the least complicated
service !!
Main usage being E-mail and Web Surfing

vandergelder

malgall 20:53 24 May 2007

try this web site

click here

Dipso 22:04 24 May 2007

I would say go for a small ISP with UK support and a 1 month contract. If you don't like the service migrate to another provider. Check out Newnet, IDNet, ADSL24 and Zen.

FatboySlim71 22:06 24 May 2007

I know that a lot of people don't like AOL, but I have been with them for almost 4 years, the speeds are constant, the connection I find is reliable. Basically I cannot fault them.

Stuartli 23:58 24 May 2007

Re AOL. I'm with TalkTalk (who now own AOL).

For £20.99 a month on its Talk3 International (including free phone calls to 30 countries), I get "up to 8MB" broadband (around 6. to 6.6MB), free AnyTime calls to UK 01,02 and local numbers and payment of the £11 BT line rental charge.

As I was paying £15 a month for 2MB BB with Tiscali, plus BT line rental of £11 a month along with the cost of phone calls, you will realise the remarkable value on offer.

My best mate recently signed up with TalkTalk on the same package (his first home based BB connection) and he was up and running in about a fortnight from initially signing the contract at a Carphone Warehouse outlet.

See:

click here

No other ISP in the UK has come anywhere near matching this offer...:-)

rdave13 00:02 25 May 2007

With FatboySlim71 here. With AOL years through thick and thin and they're ok. Stuartli's post looks interesting though.

Stuartli 08:32 25 May 2007

Although I was with WorldOnline and then Tiscali when it took WOL over from 1998 to last year, I never at any time had billing problems.

In fact when I migrated to TalkTalk, Tiscali sent me a cheque for the balance of the unused BB service for that particular month.

BT was also quick to reimburse the portion of the line rental that remained (line rental is paid in advance for the next quarter).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?