Changing fan on CPU heatsink???

Mysticnas 18:15 30 Apr 2003

hiya,

just ordered a coolermaster fujiyama HSF. it's the dual heat pipe copper one.

anyway.

It's only got a 2500RPM fan. Basically it's meant to be a quieter version of a discontinued fan the Everest.

The everest is identical to the Fujiyama aprt from the fact that the fan on it it 6000RPM fan.

Is there anyway that i can change the fan on the heatsink for a faster one.

Although the Fujiyama supports upto and including the P4 3.06Ghz i assume that it's at the native temps for each CPU, which i assume is around the same for all the P4's? so... baaaascily...

i want to overclock mine to just under 3Ghz. Now thats going to be one extremely hot 2.4! will the fujiyama handle it?

1514 18:20 30 Apr 2003

Mysticnas, you will probably get more support for Overclocking from the other PCA site ie PC Answers. They usually do articles on Overclocking

Busy 18:21 30 Apr 2003

You can easily change the fan on a heatsink by just unscrewing it.I would not use a 2500 rpm fan,too slow.By replacing the 2500 fan on my heatsink with a 5000rpm one I got a load temp drop from 58c on my Asus a7v333 (2200 xp amd) to load of 47c-quite substantial.However by flashing bios the load temp is now down to 38c so I am happy.
Having said that I dont know where you can but heatsink fans on their own-I stole the 5000rpm one from another coolermaster heatsink.
Good luck anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires