Changing dialup provider

Haylyn 17:21 27 Aug 2005

Thinking of changing dialupprovider

any opinions on virgin, plusnet, tesco?
or suggestions?

Lynda

anchor 17:24 27 Aug 2005

Are you looking for "pay-as-you-go", or an "anytime" connection?.

Strawballs 20:48 27 Aug 2005

I used virgin for a short time while I was between BT and NTL and was happy with service and my sister has been with them for years and she is not someone who puts up with anything that she is not happy with.

Mr Beeline 21:22 27 Aug 2005

Hi

Any particular reason to not consider Broadband? or is this a back up service?

Rather like Strawballs I used to use virgin and had no particular problems. Also used Tiscali and MSN Freeweb, also no real problems with these either. Much of a muchness these days I think.

Haylyn 09:20 28 Aug 2005

Thanks for your answers; don't want broadband at present, have free use at local community centre.

This is for my home.

Lynda

Taff36 10:07 28 Aug 2005

BT is as good as any for PAYG. However, click here The Plusnet Plus BB package is only £14.99 per month. If you pay a one off £11.75 they don`t tie you to a 12 month contract and you get free modem, activation and set up. Also their helpline is national rates. (Brilliant Service too) Is it really worth going for anytime on 56K at these prices?

anchor 15:13 28 Aug 2005

I agree with Taff36, the Plusnet Plus package is very good value, and compares very favourably with the cost of an ordinary anytime dial-up package.

However, if you are interested in a cheaper limited 56k package, have a look at those on OneTel.

click here

It depends what times you wish to access the internet at home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?