changing colour

craigy1 19:29 09 Feb 2006

hi

I would like to know if you can manually change the colour of the taskbar and the active window boxes etc in display properties box.

when i right click on the desktop and go in appearance i have only got blue, silver and olive green. this is on xp home tho.

can i alter it myself or do i have to download and pay for packages to do it. I have tried to do it myself but to no avail.

in advance i can alter the active/inactive title boxes but then the colour only changes as the box does then goes back to the original setting or blue/silver or green.

hope i made some sense!!!!

jaytek 19:45 09 Feb 2006

The appearance of Windows can be changed very easily by the user.

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Display

2. When the Display box opens click on either "Themes" or "Appearance"

3. Modify as necessary

Tip : Before making any changes make a note of the current settings so that you can go back to them if you don't like the changes that you have made.

ade.h 19:58 09 Feb 2006

Without using 3rd party software like Windows Blinds or Theme XP - my experiences of which have been less than trouble-free - you are restricted to either the standard blue, olive and silver options, or one of Microsoft's own additional themes. There aren't many but the most popular is Royale, which is based on the Media Centre style. I use it at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017