Changing cmos battery on Asus notebook

john bunyan 12:10 26 Dec 2013
Answered

Can an "amateur" do this? It is an Asus K42X and the date seems to go wrong a bit too often. It seems a daunting task to dismantle it.... It is a grand daughter's and I think the shop where I bought it (used) might do it but they are closed until the New Year.

john bunyan 12:21 26 Dec 2013

Jock1e

My goodness that was a speedy response. Compliments of the season to you. The problem seems erratic but has settled down so I had assumed the settings , including bios were correct as there was a previous owner. BTW it had a "clean install" of Windows 7 home premium, and it took days to update , what with SP1 and literally hundreds of updates! I will look at the bios.

spuds 12:22 26 Dec 2013

There are a number of battery changing tutorial video's on YouTube that might help?.

john bunyan 12:25 26 Dec 2013

Bios etc checked and ok.Hope it is not cmos battery; The updating was a nightmare, with the need to use sfc /scannow etc.

john bunyan 12:26 26 Dec 2013

spuds

Thanks. I looked at some and was "daunted" !

john bunyan 15:55 26 Dec 2013

Jock1e

Thanks. I will take it to the shop as the owner is very good at this type of thing and as he sold it I think he will charge little. Trouble is he is away until 2nd Jan' Will close thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017