Changes to website

sugarbabe 11:03 16 Jul 2007

Hi made alot of changes to my website. If anyone has the time to look and give me feedback (be gentle with me please) i would be very grateful.

click here

HighTower 13:51 16 Jul 2007

Plenty of info in there, but check it in Firefox - it might not look the way you though!

Also, a couple of the images are a bit big (the one of the X-Box is 600Kb).

Nice one.

sugarbabe 15:47 16 Jul 2007

yep you are right the purple border on left has huge gap on it, any ideas how to cure it, it seems to be starting further down. I'm using frontpage and help would be appreciated

benjiboots 21:02 16 Jul 2007

I don't know much about Frontpage, but it looks like the navigation section is inside a table. If you align the cell with the nav in to top then it might push the navigation up.

sugarbabe 21:22 16 Jul 2007

yes i am aware need to sort the links out they were supposed to go to different sections on page. BUt obviously not working

HighTower 00:01 17 Jul 2007

As mentioned perhaps that's the way to go. Align the table with the links in to the top then colour the background for that entire column in purple.

Off to bed now but I'll have a look tomorrow.

IntoPCs 15:50 17 Jul 2007

I'm looking at your site at work with ie6 (1024 x 768) and the PC Health box for subscribing to e-mail looks odd. The images for the curved corners are a different height to the coloured boxes (top and bottom) and don't meet up with the side border. Apart from that it looks good.

sugarbabe 22:44 17 Jul 2007

sorted the firefox problem i think??? looked at PC health box on internet explorer and firefox cannot see any problem with it??

HighTower 18:13 18 Jul 2007

Yes, looks fine from over here!

IntoPCs 23:16 18 Jul 2007

Looking at it from home in IE7 now and everything looks great - well done.

SimpleSimon1 16:47 19 Jul 2007

Hi Sugarbabe

Afraid you still got some problems with your menus. Using FF 2.004:

Horizontal menu
===============
- 'Contact Us' Page has 'Networking' and 'PC Maintenance'links reversed compared with all the other pages

- Home => PC Repairs...menu drops a few pixels

- PC Repairs=> Antivirus...Horizontal menu rises a few pixels and Vertical menu drops a few pixels

- Antivirus=> Networking...vertical menu rises a few pixels and Horizontal menu spacing changes

Vertical Menu
=============
-Home=> Computer & Laptop Repairs...horizontal menu drops a few pixels

-Computer & Laptop Repairs=> Broadband & Email Troubleshooting...horizontal menu rises a few pixels

-Broadband & Email Troubleshooting=> Antivirus Solutions...vertical menu drops a few pixels and horizontal menu spacing changes

-Antivirus Solutions=> Wireless & Wired Networking...vertical menu rises a few pixels and horizontal menu spacing changes

-Wireless & Wired Networking=> Xbox etc...vertical purple bar cut by large white space.

On the plus side, the site looks nice and clean. Once you've stopped the menus shifting around, IMHO you've got a winner

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?