Changed to Kaspersky Internet Security 7

Boghound 15:59 02 Sep 2007

Four days ago I changed from Mcafee Internet Security 2006 to Kaspersky Internet Security 7 thinking that it wouldn't be as resource hungry but it seems to slow the opening/installing/downloading of programs. Is this normal and just down to it going through a learning curb?

Bike-it 16:28 02 Sep 2007

I too changed to KIS 7 as the free version of Active virus shield has stopped offering free updates, a pity as it was a great programme, didnt slow your system down unlike KIS 7 which grinds everything to a snails pace, i might try AVG as i believe it is light on your computers resorces, and hey its free.

techie4me 16:29 02 Sep 2007

Could be it's checking the pc when you boot up.
This does happen with some internet security packages.

Boghound 17:16 02 Sep 2007

Is anyone using Nod32 and what's it like on resources? Could someone recommend a good firewall to go with it.

Probabilitydrive 17:31 02 Sep 2007

I run Kaspersky 7 on a Vista system. It is definitely not as user friendly as I would have hoped and it takes some time finding your way around.

Download time of up-dated files is fast as your database should be up-dated hourly. Another thought. Check in your Windows security centre whether Kasperskys firewall is the only one running...On installation on my Vista system Kaspersky 7 did not switch off Vistas firewall and for some time I run 2 firewalls!

im sure you did, but just in case. you do have to tick the box with 'turn off windows firewall' on the second page of the initial installation.

it's unticked by default for some strange reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?