change xp language

patso 16:21 27 Feb 2008

a friend has asked me how to change language on his laptop running xp home.he is tunisian and he wants to bring the laptop home as he is going on hols.i thiink it is arabic ,i tried searching this site but need more specific help.he tells me he tried but xp was asking for the disc,i know how to go to control panel and regional language,what sttings does he change from there,any help please

Terry Brown 16:28 27 Feb 2008

Open control panel, go to Regional and Languages, select the language you want, and select as default.
Restart machine
Done
Terry

patso 16:37 27 Feb 2008

thanks terry brown do you select the language on the regional options tab or under the languages tab select details text services and input languages ?thanks again

Terry Brown 16:51 27 Feb 2008

Where it says 'customise' (drop down menu) then change the language to show your new language as default (you can remove the original language if you like), change the Location to a country of your choice,then go to advanced and change that the same way, you can also change the way that microsoft sees your language, finally cklick the default user (bottom of the page).Done

patso 17:58 27 Feb 2008

thanks a lot terry brown that explains things for me a lot clearer cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?