Change a W7 password using a second computer

LiamoL 18:35 10 Aug 2014

Hi all Wondering if someone might been able to help. I had a disgruntled ex-employee who happened to be a programmer. I have two laptops - an Origin and a cheap toshiba. The toshiba is the one that has been tampered with. It's impossible to login using boot drive or command prompt or anything like that as he has changed the password and the coding slightly to disable these features.

It is plugged into an adapter and on the functioning computer I can see the files and access them. What I need to do is find a CMD command to change the system password on the plugged in windows operating system. I've tried takeown and some other commands on this drive (F) from the Origin but it requires the one thing I don't have - the password.

Can anyone please tell me a command to disable the need for a password upon logon to windows externally.

LiamoL 18:44 10 Aug 2014

Thanks Mech but no - problem is far more complex. I can't create a windows password reset disk on the machine I can't do anything with it aside from look at the files using a second computer and my Windows 7 disk got scratched to pieces so a clean reinstall isn't possible without paying for a new windows 7 disc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:45 10 Aug 2014

or try this

Jollyjohn 18:48 10 Aug 2014

Download Parted Magic - $4.99, yes 4 Dollars 99. It is an exceptional bit of software. Burn to cd and boot from it.

There are tools on it to reset and remove Windows passwords.

lotvic 19:07 10 Aug 2014

Download the official Microsoft .iso for Windows 7 and burn yourself a new installation DVD to use with the product key on the case sticker click here

rdave13 19:14 10 Aug 2014

parted magic look very good Jollyjohn .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017