Change Screen size?

Border View 11:30 08 Jan 2009

I have a 15" square flat panel monitor which has a property size of 800 x 600

When I am on the internet web pages are about an inch too big for the screen which means I have to scroll to the right or left.

Been into screen properties and I cant move the pointer from 800 x 600.

Is there anyway I can get the web page to fit the screen. Run with IE7 but it doesnt show the percentage size at the bottom corner.

Technotiger 11:36 08 Jan 2009

Yea, click on the minimise button top-right corner of web page, then hover mouse ove edge of page to see double-headed arrow, drag screen to required size. Should open at that same size each time in future.

Border View 11:37 08 Jan 2009

Progress - found the status bar and reinstated, reduced size to 75percent and increased text size to largest. Now means I dont have to scroll.

Border View 11:45 08 Jan 2009

Hi Technotiger, tried that but still means on 100% the web page is too big for the screen and I have to scroll about an inch to the right. Tried various combinations on % and text size.

rosebank 17:07 06 Mar 2009

I am having problems with one particuler web page where i cant see part of the page on the left hand side.I have to use the slide bar to see the right hand side but I can live with that. I have tried minimising the page to stretch the left side but it will only stretch a small amount. I realy need to see the left side to access a link.
Hope someone can help

Sea Urchin 17:10 06 Mar 2009

Post your own thread with an appropriate title rather than hijacking someone else's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?