Change laptop hard-drive

  eutrucker 18:52 06 Apr 2004

want to change my hard drive in my tosh 1800-921 laptop . problem is cant get hold of the tool to remove the cover on the hard-drive it has special star/hex srews , i believe are security screws, any ideas how i can get around this, or where i can get a bit that will fit.

  Rayuk 19:29 06 Apr 2004

Are they the screws with a star shape and a bit in the middle of the hole itself,if so engineer at work was using some today will try and remember to ask him where he got them from[he has a set of them]

May be cheaper to go into local pc shop have them do it for you.

  Belatucadrus 20:16 06 Apr 2004

They sound like Torx head screws, but difficult to tell what size, a set like click here should do without busting the kitty.

  Belatucadrus 20:17 06 Apr 2004

An anti static Torx screwdriver of the correct size would be even better.

  eutrucker 22:43 06 Apr 2004

told it would cost me £60 to just take cover off

  Beard 23:48 06 Apr 2004

Try your local MAPLIN store or click here

  woodchip 23:53 06 Apr 2004
  eutrucker 08:43 07 Apr 2004

that screw fix is the same set i got but a diffrent company , it is the right tool but not small enough,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?