Change keyboard

  Amalric I 20:23 16 Feb 2007

I reinstalled Win XP Home recently and, evidently, declared an extnded American Keyboard wheras my keyboard is actually a UK keypord with a pound sign instesd of a hashmark above the "3" etc. I caannot find a way of Changing this other than reinstalling Windows. Anybody know another way?

  VoG II 20:27 16 Feb 2007

Control Panel > Regional and Languages Options > Languages tab > Details button. Set to United Kingdom.

  STREETWORK 20:27 16 Feb 2007

Uninstall it from control panel/keyboards, reboot the PC and load xp drivers, then reload the driver for the keyboard...

  STREETWORK 20:27 16 Feb 2007

Or what VOG says...

  birdface 20:45 16 Feb 2007
  rdave13 00:09 17 Feb 2007

Or open notepad press left shift + left alt. Next press shift and £ should hear a beep then it changes to hash or pound sign.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?