Change to jpg

TN 19:38 13 Apr 2010

I have a coat of arms which was taken from an old letterhead and has been saved with a .doc extension and I want to convert it to a .jpg file. Is this possible? I tried to open it with Print shop but it won't open this type of file. Is there any other method of converting this? We need to have a .jpg file to proceed. All help appreciated.

bremner 19:52 13 Apr 2010

If the coat of arms is a picture embedded within a word document open it in Word and right click on the picture and select copy.

Open Paint Edit > Paste and save as a jpg.

TN 19:57 13 Apr 2010

Sorry bremner but I cannot load it into Paint as it does not have an image extension - that is my main problem - same reason I cannot load it into Paint shop pro either. It may originally have been a drawing inside a word document but whever saved it saved it as a .doc. hence my problem.

bremner 19:58 13 Apr 2010

As I said "open it in word"

woodchip 20:46 13 Apr 2010

Best way is open in Word then Crop the Image save as Jpeg

Technotiger 20:50 13 Apr 2010

click here and install FastStone Capture (this version is Free), you can then choose to Capture a Rectangle area to Capture just the Picture, which you can auto-save to your My Pictures.

This is a one of my own saves using FastStone ...

click here

Technotiger 20:51 13 Apr 2010

PS- FastStone Captures are saved as .jpg's

onionskin 21:51 13 Apr 2010

Or, use Windows' Snipping Tool.

TN 09:58 14 Apr 2010

Got it completed - many sincere thanks to you all for the time you took over my problem - I do really appreciate it. BTW Faststone seems like a great wee programme.

Technotiger 10:18 14 Apr 2010

I liked FastStone so much when I first used it, that I got the Paid-for version - it really is a Grreat program.

Glad you are sorted, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017