Change to jpg

TN 19:38 13 Apr 2010

I have a coat of arms which was taken from an old letterhead and has been saved with a .doc extension and I want to convert it to a .jpg file. Is this possible? I tried to open it with Print shop but it won't open this type of file. Is there any other method of converting this? We need to have a .jpg file to proceed. All help appreciated.

bremner 19:52 13 Apr 2010

If the coat of arms is a picture embedded within a word document open it in Word and right click on the picture and select copy.

Open Paint Edit > Paste and save as a jpg.

TN 19:57 13 Apr 2010

Sorry bremner but I cannot load it into Paint as it does not have an image extension - that is my main problem - same reason I cannot load it into Paint shop pro either. It may originally have been a drawing inside a word document but whever saved it saved it as a .doc. hence my problem.

bremner 19:58 13 Apr 2010

As I said "open it in word"

woodchip 20:46 13 Apr 2010

Best way is open in Word then Crop the Image save as Jpeg

Technotiger 20:50 13 Apr 2010

click here and install FastStone Capture (this version is Free), you can then choose to Capture a Rectangle area to Capture just the Picture, which you can auto-save to your My Pictures.

This is a one of my own saves using FastStone ...

click here

Technotiger 20:51 13 Apr 2010

PS- FastStone Captures are saved as .jpg's

onionskin 21:51 13 Apr 2010

Or, use Windows' Snipping Tool.

TN 09:58 14 Apr 2010

Got it completed - many sincere thanks to you all for the time you took over my problem - I do really appreciate it. BTW Faststone seems like a great wee programme.

Technotiger 10:18 14 Apr 2010

I liked FastStone so much when I first used it, that I got the Paid-for version - it really is a Grreat program.

Glad you are sorted, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?