Change of hard disc drive

  bogsdollox1 13:42 29 Aug 2009

Could somebody please tell me if I can change the hard drive in my PC from an eide drive to a sata drive.
I have a Tiny PC with a Western Digital WD400 hard drive and want to replace it with a 300mb sata drive. The motherboard is a MSI MS-6524 ver:1 socket 478.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks

  cream. 14:20 29 Aug 2009

Your motherboard has no SATA ports.

The only way you could do it is by using a PCI SATA controller card.

  lofty29 14:25 29 Aug 2009

I think that you can buy pata to sata conversion cables.
click here

  lofty29 14:29 29 Aug 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?