Change Freebie download path

audia4 15:10 08 Mar 2007

I have webaroo installed, All programme details and Cache data on D: as I have crashed the C: drive before and will probably do so again and I do not want to lose this data.

PC Advisor Nov 2006 supplied Wikipedia (a 5 Gig download) with setup.exe which loads all on c:

Question: Any way of rediverting the download to my existing library on D:
Thanks.

Jackcoms 15:16 08 Mar 2007

Why install/download Wikipedia at all when it's available here? click here

audia4 15:25 08 Mar 2007

First a correction, I have the programme on C: and the data on D: On rereading my initial post this was not clear.
Answer to Jackoms. I am on dial up with limited hours. The value of Webaroo is in its offline use. I had Wikipedia before and I found it of great use, Then came the great cockup and I had to reload Windows

xania 15:26 08 Mar 2007

You should be able to chnage your default download location, especially if you use a download manager. If not, simply wait until the download is complete and move it to where you want to store it.

audia4 15:39 08 Mar 2007

Sorry, that does not work If you move it in the normal way it loses the link and you cannot read the library

xania 09:46 09 Mar 2007

In that case, you may be stuck with it, but you may be able to move the program after its installed. You will need special software for this - take a look at this thread

click here

audia4 17:59 15 Mar 2007

xania, many thanks, I have checked out a few items that came up from your suggestion and decided in this instance it would be better to start from scratch. I removed the programme and library and reloaded. This time I was able to change the path and setup the library on D: before I loaded the Wikipaedia . It works. Everything else I can replace in time.
Thanks again, I now have a little more knowledge than before

xania 09:59 19 Mar 2007

Can you please mark this thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?