change file extension

chippy+ 09:56 16 May 2005

hi
could anyone help i am looking for a free file conversion program to convert various files ie.
wdb to exel the wdb is a works data base file but idont have works installed thanks chippy

Diemmess 12:36 16 May 2005

It is possible that you already have the software.

Excel being the fully fledged one, has an option to "Open Files" > "Files of type" - Microsoft Works files.

My Excel is 97 and the option is for Works 2, yours may be different.

octal 13:11 16 May 2005

As Diemmess says. Check your help files as well, this is an extract from Office 2000 help:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If Excel cannot open a file because the appropriate file converter is not available, open the file in the program it was created in, and then save it in a file format that Excel can open — as a text file, for example.

You can also open a file from another program by clicking Find on the Tools menu (File menu, Open command), and then searching for the file. For example, to search for a Lotus 1-2-3 file, select Files of type in the Property box, and then select Lotus 1-2-3 Files in the Condition box. Make sure you remove all items from the Find files that match these criteria box, click Add to List, and then click Find Now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chippy+ 14:14 16 May 2005

hi thanks Diemmess
I have office 2003 and it is works 2 i had tried to open the file by going into properties open with and changed wdb file to exel but it didn't work will give your idea a shot when my wife lets me know where she has put the file thanks again chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?