Change file from .CHK back to MP3

ian-inhome 10:31 14 Apr 2010

I have over 2900 mp3 files on a 16Gb sd card. I deleted about 20 of the songs and then ran disk defrag. This moved all the files into 1 large file I then ran disk error checking.
This separated them all back out into a folder named Found but give them all the file extension .chk. If I manually change the file extension back to MP3. they then play ok.
What is the easiest way to change 2900 files from .chk back to mp3.

Technotiger 10:50 14 Apr 2010

This might help ... click here

ian-inhome 12:24 14 Apr 2010

Thanks for the quick reply Technotiger.
I have downloaded the program you linked to.
Unfortunately it requires net framework 1.1.
I have a problem with net framework i have version 4. I have a corrupt version of 1.1 installed that I can't remove or update.

Technotiger 12:29 14 Apr 2010

Perhaps you could download 1.1 from one of these sites, relevant to your OS?

click here

ian-inhome 11:48 15 Apr 2010

Thank you for your help Technotiger. I managed to get the program on the link you sent to work on my laptop, but it couldn’t cure the file extension problem.
I also tried a few other programs I found via Google for changing file extensions but they couldn’t do the job either. I have just reformatted the card and restored the mp3s from my p.c.. As regards the Microsoft Net framework, Crap cleaner says I have installed Microsoft Net Framework 1.1 /Microsoft Net framework 2.0 service pack 2/
Microsoft Net framework 3. Service pack 2/ Microsoft Net framework 4 / Microsoft Net framework client profile / Microsoft Net framework 4 extended. I have tried uninstalling them one by one but it keeps asking for the setup disk. If I download the set up programs and try to reinstall them it says that the version that I have is newer than the version I am trying to install and it will not let me use the downloads to uninstall.
Microsoft update keeps downloading updates for Framenetwork but then states the update has failed. As I rarely use framenetwork It is not too much of a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?