Change of e-mail address

John _N 20:43 18 Aug 2007

I am absolutely inundated with spam and I believe that the best way to solve this problem is to change my whole e-mail address. I am quite happy with my existing provider, Orange, and I am on broadband with their starter package.

I understand that I can easily register a second account under a completely different address but will my existing broadband connection charge (£14.99 per month) cover this?

How do I close my existing account so that these offending e-mails no longer come in to my computer?

How will this affect my existing antivirus and firewall software?

As a geriatric internet user I am not very computer literate so any advice in words of one syllable (some hope!) would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanking you in advance, John

VoG II 21:14 18 Aug 2007

Try this first click here

johnnyrocker 23:23 18 Aug 2007

most isp's allow a number of e mail addresses without any change in charges.

johnny.

dan* 23:39 18 Aug 2007

When you open your orange web mail. Go to inbox and on the left at the bottom you get " create another email account", click on it. It will cost you nothing.

To delete the account, when you are in the in box page, pick my settings, then pick delete the account under account details.

just be carefull you don't need the account to communicate with orange.

Kate B 23:53 18 Aug 2007

I'd go for something like gmail click here or postmaster click here rather than one tied to your ISP so that if you change ISPs your email isn't affected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone