Change the drive destination - My Documents folder

webber_man 16:50 05 Mar 2006

Hi,

My parents have a PC with 2 hard drives (C and D) and because of the small(ish) size of the C drive i have set up folders etc within the D drive. They use this drive to store all their personal data including photos and files.

What i would like to do to make things easier for them is for them to be able to access these files via the Start Menu in the normal way. Eg. Start > My Documents > My Photo's ...etc.

But the way things are at the moment this only brings up the folders within the C drive. Is there anyway to change this so that the folders/files stored on the D drive can be accessed in this way?

...i hope that's clear!!! Thanks for any help and suggestions.

VoG II 16:55 05 Mar 2006

Move My Documents to the D drive click here

Make sure no documents are open when you do this. Then drag the folders on D into My Documents.

rawprawn 16:59 05 Mar 2006

Click on the folder you want in the Start/Programs menu and drag it to the Start/Programs menu. The Start/Programs menu will open if you hold the icon over it then drop it where you want.

fitshase 17:30 05 Mar 2006

right click on my documents and select the new location for your documents.

Fitshase

webber_man 17:33 05 Mar 2006

Thanks!

That was quick! Had been looking at the screen all day. Because i hadn't had the 'My Documents' folder showing under Start and was just looking at 'My Pictures' i was a little lost.

Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?