change computers

  aboutit 10:46 24 Jul 2009

My main pc is wired to my BT HUB and my second pc is wireless enabled with a belkin so that I can share folders.
I would like to reverse the set up thus making my BT Hub pc my belkin and my belkin pc to my wired bt hub.Can i just do a straight swap or would i have to install the bt hub with the disc to one and belkin to the other.hope you understand

  mgmcc 11:50 24 Jul 2009

If I understand correctly, you want to make the PC which connects "wirelessly" connect instead with a "wired" ethernet connection? Similarly, you want the PC which is currently "wired" to connect "wirelessly" instead?

That being the case, with the PC that is currently "wireless", you would simply connect it to the router by ethernet cable and remove the Wireless Network Adapter.

In the PC that is currently "wired", remove the ethernet cable, install the Wireless Network Adapter and then go through the procedure to "Connect" to the wireless network (your Hub/router).

Apart from the installation of the Wireless Network Adapter software in the PC that is currently "wired", there is no need to mess about with any other software or anything to do with the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?