Change c drive partition size

Dalglish2 17:09 26 Sep 2008

Hi all
I have just replaced my 12Gb c drive for a 250Gb but after restoring the c drive image to the new one, I have created I think a 12Gb partition with 12Gb of content!
It's not clear to me how to increase the partition size and to what size, using Acronis TI 8.0.
Indeed, is there another way of re-sizing the new drive's 12Gb partition?
Many thanks
Sam

MarvintheAndroid 17:50 26 Sep 2008

I believe Acronis has an option to fit the image to the new drive size, but I may be mistaken.

However, what you need now is a drive utility such as Partition Magic or Paragon Partition Manager to resize the existing partition to fill the drive.

If you don't have any of these, there is one in the downloads section of this web site which may do the trick click here

Marv

Quiller. 17:51 26 Sep 2008

You need acronis disk director to alter the partition. This is not bundled with true image.

Try easeus from give away of the day.click here You must download it and open it before the end of the day. It will still work after today.

Dalglish2 17:54 26 Sep 2008

Thanks mary
Just taken a look it's a beta version and looks outside of my capacbility as says for advanced users only.

Epirb406 20:04 26 Sep 2008

I use Acronis DIsk director for this sort of thing.

Personal feeling is that if you trust them to transfer your content you can trust them with your new hard drive!

All the best, Epirb.

Dalglish2 21:22 26 Sep 2008

Thanks all,

Have just loaded the easueus and it seems to have worked a treat. However, have lost wireless connection and the boot up is still very slow but my new drive is installed with a 25Gb partition.
Many thanks,
Sam

Quiller. 10:31 27 Sep 2008

It is a very good program and does work in Vista!!

I downloaded it and tried it and found it very easy to use, shame it was on offer for just a day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache