Challenge Response-urgent!

aitch2 12:10 23 Jan 2007

Over the past few days I have been sending and receiving emails to France without any problem. I have today received a "Challenge Response-Confirm your email by visiting http//mail.wizzoo.com/challenge/?folderxxxxxxxxxxxxx" The text of which asks me to prove my message was sent by a human and not a computer, and to visit the above site and type in the alphanumeric text similar to the xxxx after the folder in the address. I have not come acrross this sort of thing before, alarm bells are ringing and I am not aware that my friend in France has signed up to anything like this. he would have said if he had.

Anyone had anything like this and is it genuine? I have been having spam problems but these are filtered out by Mailwasher. Computer is clean but once I've posted this will try ad-aware. Any info much appreciated.
Aitch

TomG 12:16 23 Jan 2007

I've seen it once before - its to cut out spam, bit of a pain but seems to work.

aitch2 12:34 23 Jan 2007

TomG-Many thanks for the response. Gives me some peace of mind. Just run ad-aware but that didn't show anything. Will do some more research.
Regards,
Aitch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?