A challenge for partitioning experts!

drew645 14:53 28 May 2004

Hope someone can help me out. I am attempting to copy a partition to the same hard disk using Partitionmagic 7.0. I have done this before without problems. Now every time I attempt it I get the message "error 27 cannot lock drive"
I have run checkdisk and even reinstalled the OS (Windows XP Home) Finally in desperation I used a delete program which works from DOS and wiped the entire hard disk! I then reloaded the OS (using Norton Ghost as usual) and still the same error came up.
My next idea was to try direct from Partitionmagic rescue floppies. This allowed me to reduce the size of the single partition but when I attempted to copy would go so far and then report insufficient memory. I've run out of ideas.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Drew

SANTOS7 15:25 28 May 2004

click here this is as close as i can get i hope it gives you a possible solution to your problem

drew645 05:45 29 May 2004

Thanks Santos7. I checked your link and that put me on to the fact it was a software conflict. I didn't suspect this as I've never encountered this before with Partitionmagic.
Incidentally it was the new version of Zonealarm that caused the problem. I'll try tweaking the options, if that fails I'll use another firewall. The new version "monitors" the anti-virus so I suspect that's the problem.
Hope this will prove useful for anyone else encountering this problem.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards,
Andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?