certification for repairing printers....where?????

fredo3 15:41 14 Jan 2004

I'd like to gain a certification for laser printer repairs.....Does anyone know where this can be achieved....thanx

you will find that a major percentage of the Comptia A+ certification is based on fixing printers. so thats your man.

fredo3 16:06 14 Jan 2004

Thanks horiz I'm already A+ certified ...A+ does scratch the surface of printer mechanics & maintenance but not repair.

Sir Radfordin 16:09 14 Jan 2004

I don't know of a course that does what you are after, but think that Epson do run their own training courses.

In my experience anything that can't be repaird by guesswork, manuals and google is a job for a contractor and not something for a the general 'support' guy to be doing.

After a year of pulling HP printers to bits I was amazed at how much I knew about them. You would also be amazed at some of the fuser units I removed!

repairing a laser printer in the field or in your workshop will not run to much more than maintainence, and a little tensioning everything else is a case of send it back to the manufacturer where the technicians are trained in-house to fix specific hardware (although the economics of it usually would mean throwing the old one and sending out a new one) .

fredo3 16:19 14 Jan 2004

ok thanks horiz & radfordin.

Just thought I'd look for another certificate to paper my walls with...lol

thanx

Sir Radfordin 16:27 14 Jan 2004

Oh well if you just wanted a certificate then Word should be all you need to produce one ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?