centrino will not connect?????????????

pj1664 17:30 06 Feb 2006

Hi, I am a little confuse. My wireless connection works fine on my log in screen name in win XP but my daughter and my wife cannot excess the net on their log in screens and they have to access my screen to go to the net. I have tried looking in the netwok connection and the wireless network connection is saying it's connected but I am not able to access the net. My firewall is set to allow Internet explorer to excess the net. To say the least I am little frustrated after waisting countless hours on it. Appreciate any help here.

keewaa 17:46 06 Feb 2006

Need more info : ISP? Router or Internet Connection Sharing? If Router what make & model? Make & model of WiFi card or inbuilt? If you use an ethernet cable and temporarily disable the wireless can they get internet on their own login? Have you tried disabling the software firewall completely for a few minutes to check if that is the cause? Are their logins limited accounts or admin accounts?

pj1664 18:08 06 Feb 2006

Thank you for your response. I have tried what you suggest and all the accounts are administrator and the firewall is off for now and I can connect with the cable but not wireless. I am using win xp home edition and my router is the netgear DG834G v2. my built in centrino is intel pro wireless 2200bg. I have 3 desk tops and 1 laptop but only my account on the lap allows me to access the net. Appriciate any help you could provide.

pj1664 18:09 06 Feb 2006

Sorry keewaa, forgot to mention my ISP is AOL.

keewaa 18:42 06 Feb 2006

I suspect it is AOL, I think you have to upgrade your AOL account (pay more) to have multiple sign on names that can be used through a router. Are they trying to sign in using a different user name? If so try signing in via their windows account but use your AOL sign in name.

keewaa 18:44 06 Feb 2006

Or maybe the logins you are refering to are purley AOL in which case it is AOL and the only cure is to pay AOL more.

pj1664 20:15 06 Feb 2006

Well I have the gold package and have been useing AOL for the past year and all my desk top have the same setting for AOL and all AOL accounts works on every pc and on every window log in screen its only this lap top that I am having problem with logging on the net with different window log in name. now you see why I am so confused! Is there anything else thats like ly blocking this connection?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?