Pumas 22:50 12 Aug 2003

I am thinking about buying a centrino laptop. If I did get one, what extra equipment would I need to network it (wirelessly) with my PC and share the broadband connection?



  Pumas 11:22 13 Aug 2003


  IanNiblock 12:24 13 Aug 2003

I have done exactly this recently - you have 2 options (I have tried both):

If you have only the 2 machines then you can simply buy a wireless network card for the desktop machine and share the broadband connection through that machine - this does have the disadvantage that the desktop must be turned on the use the internet on the laptop.

Alternatively you could buy a wireless router. You can then plug the broadband modem into the router and connect the desktop to the router via an ethernet cable (this assumes you have a standard network card in your desktop) and the laptop will connect via the wireless link.

  Pumas 12:57 13 Aug 2003

I'll look into this.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?