Centering images & text

Jezzy1959 12:03 22 Nov 2006

How do I keep images and text centered when viewing in different screen resolutions and browser sizes?

I am a bit of a newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My page:
click here

Sloper69 20:18 24 Nov 2006

Construct a table for your images and text (similar to a table in word) but give dimensions as a percentage. If, for example, it is a 1 column, 3 row table the set the horizontal dimension to 100%. This is known as a "relative width" This will make the table resize to fit the dimensions of the viewers screen.

Of course, the difficulty of doing this depends on what software, if any, you are using.

You may find this a help: click here

or this for info and tools: click here

pcadv 20:54 30 Nov 2006

hi,

I am trying to place text and pictures on theture which is in the centre of the page. I suppose my problem is similar to yours. It would be great if you can you suggest how you have managed to solve your problem?

Thanks
pcadv

Sloper69 21:37 30 Nov 2006

I suggest removing the entry page and scroll as these elements are considered a bit old style.

What software, if any, are you using?

pcadv 21:50 30 Nov 2006

Hi Jezzy,

Thanks for your response. I am trying to create a family website using css and frontpage.

Like in PC Advisor forum, all the text and pictures are centered vertically, similarily I want all my text/picture to appear on the background picture which is vertically in the cetre of the page. I did try positioning but with window resizing, the text/picture does not stay over the background. It would be great if you could suggest some way to go about it.

thanks,
pcadv

Not an experienced FP user but there are formating controls to place images etc. You could use graphic text (open your picture in a graphics editor, create a new layer and type the text over, then save the complete picture) and the text will now stay with the picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017