cds wont finalize after burn

DrLector 20:13 30 Aug 2007

iv been trying to back up some cds but they wont play on any of my cd player only on the pc and im shore that is becouse they are not geting finalzed after burning , i never had this problem before, it happend ever since i got a new dvd writer and intaled the new versoin of nero (which iv now wiped ) but that hasnt helped, its very frustratind, im useing record-now but i cant see anywere to finalize the disk ?

thanks for any help

holme 22:32 30 Aug 2007

It may seem a basic question but are you trying to copy some /audio/ CDs which will then play on a domestic CD player?

Or, by "trying to back up some cds", do the original CDs have data files on them (e.g. .wav music tracks) and you are trying to produce back-up copies?

The reason I ask is that, if they're .wav (data) files, the first music track on the disc may very well start replaying automatically when put in a PC DVD/CD burner/player, but computer files can't be 'played' in a domestic CD player.

DrLector 07:23 31 Aug 2007

hi
im trying to copy my music cds so i can have a copy in the car etc, i had no probs before they would copy strate away and play on anything, home cd player /car,
thanks for any help

holme 09:07 31 Aug 2007

Thanks for that, it's now clear.

The only thing I can suggest is to try using some other CD burning software such as the built-in rip & burn feature of Windows Media Player. Or there's lots of freebies on the CD & DVD Tools section of click here

We've used the Nero Burning ROM 7 with complete success and I've heard that DeepBurner has a good reputation. I don't recall ever having to finalise a CD. HTH.

thewasp 09:14 31 Aug 2007

On Nero there is a "finalize disc" box, make sure that is ticked.

holme 09:51 31 Aug 2007

Noted thanks, but perhaps you can help further.

Does that 'finalise' box refer just to /data/ CDs, or is it also necessary to finalise audio CDs? As I said, I don't ever recall having to do so - but don't believe anything I say...

holme 10:28 31 Aug 2007

Thanks for that, it confirms my understanding about not having to finalise /audio/ discs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?