CD's Wont Finalize

helenS 13:34 08 Jan 2007

I have just put in a new Liteon DVD Writer but it wont finalize any cd's, its copied the files ok and they play in windows media player & on DVD players, do i need to take the writer back to the shop.

TIA
HelenS

nagonlouse 13:54 08 Jan 2007

Is the Multisession option ticked. If so remove it.

Rtus 14:01 08 Jan 2007

sounds as if its finalised to me ..I think Im correct in stating > generally if not finalised (multisession)the disc wont play on anything else other than the machine that created it.

Stuartli 14:10 08 Jan 2007

I use multisession CD-Rs for storing various music tracks or programs, utilities etc and they can be used on other machines or systems without being Finalised.

In fact a 700MB CD-R takes some filling with computer related files and often the contents are out of date long before all the capacity is used.

Such disks would be Finalised just before the last burning session.

helenS 00:32 10 Jan 2007

Thank you for all the help, think its my hifi cd player only that doesnt recognise the cds done in nero. Copied with other pc upstairs that played on hifi cd player ok but same cd copied on new burner downstairs copies without errors but hifi player says not finalized & wont play. My dilema is i used the same type of blanks on both burners & they play on other players in the house except the hifi one, anyone any more solutions for me please.

Helen S

terryf 01:37 10 Jan 2007

Have you still got the hifi manual to see what type of cd's it will read? or google for the manual and download it

helenS 10:24 10 Jan 2007

Yes got the hifi manual and its never refused to play any copied cds before, it even reads cdr-w discs thats what is bafling me.

helens

Rtus 15:03 10 Jan 2007

I know this ounds daft but in the past Ive had cds bought to me that wouldnt play (but would on computer) I just copied them copy disk & it corrected the problem,Im not saying it will workfor certain. but give it a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?