CDRW problem

dank03 18:21 04 Nov 2005

I recently installed Nero on to my PC, but staright after this my computer could not recognise that my CDRW was connected, so i could not play my cds and games. Ive had a look at the device in device manager and it shows this message

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Ive tried taking the hardware out and putting an older cd-rom drive in but it still shows this same message. ive also tried a registry repair scan and this still hasnt fixed my problem.

Does anybody know how i can resolve this problem?

woodchip 18:24 04 Nov 2005

In Device Manager Click on the CD drive then choose uninstall and restart your computer

Is Roxio installed? If so uninstall it.
Particular clashs are INCD and Direct CD.

woodchip 19:21 04 Nov 2005

Direct CD is part of Roxio

woodchip 19:22 04 Nov 2005

Only have clashs if both are installed

dank03 12:08 07 Nov 2005

i dont have any onf these programs installed on my pc.

It says somthing about code 19, is it possible to delete something in the registry or modify it

woodchip 12:17 07 Nov 2005

Have you uninstalled you CD from Device Manager?

dank03 12:21 07 Nov 2005

yeah, I uninstalled it then restarted my computer and the hardware had been installed again but still had the same problem

woodchip 12:28 07 Nov 2005

Try removing Roxio, But I think you need to go to the Roxio site for latest Driver support for your CD. You could try running Restore, Or

SFC /SCANNOW from Run with your Win XP disc in comp

dank03 12:47 07 Nov 2005

I havent got rosio on my computer though

woodchip 13:13 07 Nov 2005

Well Nero then tere is a Page on the Ahead site that you can get updated support drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?