CDRTC.DLL Verification ?

shu shu 09:03 07 Jan 2003
  shu shu 09:03 07 Jan 2003

Win ME.
Booted up this morning as per, and got the following error message:
"Unable to execute CDRTC.DLL. Please verify to determine the cause of the problem".
A quick shufti revealed the absense of my little CD icon down on the worktray. I have tried Scandisk but still the same. Trying to launch ADAPTEC from Programs is unsuccessful. The last thing I did last night was run "Audio Cleaning Lab 3.0" and play an LP, just to see what it was all about. I made no attemps to record anything.
I have run it before for information only but it never caused a problem then. It is possible the 2 events are related but I cannot be certain.
My Me OS is in French and this is first time I have been asked to "Verify a file" and I dont know how. Anyone able to help please?

Gongoozler 09:11 07 Jan 2003

shu shu, do you have this file on your system? CDRTC.DLL should be in c: \windows\system.

powerless 09:25 07 Jan 2003

click here Well dont becasue theres nothing there on your problem but the japan roxio pages mention the CDRTC.DLL file. Well what would you know i dont speak and read japanese.

But try unistalling your CD-ROM drive...

Control Panel > System > Find you CD drive and click remove then "OK"...

XP > Control panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Find you CD Drive and right click "unistall.

shu shu 09:38 07 Jan 2003

Gongoozler.
Yes - I see the .DLL file in C\Win\Sys...

powerless 09:41 07 Jan 2003

Then restart...Windows will detect the drive do what it does then see if the message pops up again.

shu shu 09:47 07 Jan 2003

Powerless.
Thanks for the help and will try that later if no success. I could be happy to know how to verify a file though, as something like this may happen again.

powerless 09:51 07 Jan 2003

shu shu 11:11 07 Jan 2003

All OK now folks! After a coffee I had the idea to System Restore and luckily there was a restore point before I played with Audio Cleaning Lab. I will never know what the problem or how to deal with it if it happens again (apart from Sys Restore!) but at least its working now. I would still like to know how to veryfiy a file though, if anyone can help. Its Win Me and the error message was "unable to execute CDRTC.DLL, please verify the file to determine the cause of the problem". The file was present in C\WIN\SYS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires