cdr to dvd

rippanation 15:04 21 Jan 2006

can anyone tell me if it possible to play a movie file placed onto a cdr so that a dvd will convert the movie and play it? some one suggested using an xploder cheat disc for a games console but i am unable to find any proof of this ?

MidgetMan 17:57 21 Jan 2006

not entirely sure what you are trying say, is the movie on a cd? if so it will properly be a vcd and most good recent dvd players will play it. Or are you trying to convert the file to dvd format, if so nero will do it as will many other progs.

rippanation 18:02 21 Jan 2006

cheers mate, what i am essentially attempting is to take a short animation i downloaded off the internet and put it on a cdr as my pc doesnt have a dvd rw, and then hopefully get it to play on my dvd player or am i just going the wrong way about this? i will check out nero thanks.

martjc 18:16 21 Jan 2006

...some, especially more recent ones, will play the disk as a vcd, others will not. I'm sure there's a website which gives the info on lots of dvd players, but cannot remember it now!? Anyone out there help???

MidgetMan 21:00 21 Jan 2006

ok, nero will burn a film as a vcd onto cd so it will play either on your pc or in a domestic dvd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone