CD/DVD Problems

fatknacker 18:31 02 Jun 2005

All of a sudden my DVD rom and rewriter are playing up. My computer only registers the name of the disk that is in the drive at switch on, if the disk is changed my computer does not alter to new name. So I can onlt access new disk via the command prompt. Can burn CDR's from media player, cannot burn DVD movies or DVD slideshows. Gets to about 25% then locks the software not the system.
Tried new IDE cables, uninstalling and reinstalling, driver up dates. Any other suggestions

Jaro 18:41 02 Jun 2005

is your windows burning program turned of?

fatknacker 18:49 02 Jun 2005

Not sure what you mean, I've tried using Nero burning rom to burn dvd movie, and Nero vision express to burn my digital camera dvd movies gets to about 25% every time and the software locks up. So I've also tried Gear DVD SE 7.0 and that get's to about 25% and gives and error telling me to check cables and power???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:54 02 Jun 2005

Check the IDE channel the players are attatched to select properties and see if they are using DMA

Jaro 19:01 02 Jun 2005

what i mean is to go to your dvd drive right click on it than properties go to recording and uncheck box enable recording on this drive. i had similar prob and it helped me. try that you cant do any harm by doing this.

fatknacker 19:55 02 Jun 2005

I'm a novice fruit bat how do I check the channel and DMA??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:44 02 Jun 2005

settings > control panel . harware . device manager

click on the plus sign to expand the IDE channels .

seclect secondary ide (thats probably where the CD/ DVD are connected, right click select properties.

properties tab.

should say something like DMA if available.

fatknacker 22:10 02 Jun 2005

Fruit Bat,

Yes it does specify DMA if vailable

dth 11:52 19 Jan 2006

Sorry to jump into this posting (but is seems a shame to start a new one). Is it possible to use Nero to create a slideshow DVD with about 20 pictures (all jpgs).

I am guessing that this is possible but can't work out how to do it?

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?