cdburner xp ?

Pererin 19:24 23 Jul 2008

Hi Guys, having a problem with cd burner xp. Installed and it worked once but then it stalled and froze on screen. The only way I could get back to normal was by rebooting the computer. I tried installing again but it came up on screen at half the size of the first time, it immediately stalled and froze again. I am running XP Pro, Bitdefender antivirus and firewall, comodo anti spam. As always any help is gratefully appreciated. Diolch

bretsky 08:22 24 Jul 2008

I still use v3.0.116 without any problems for mainly data CD creation on XP home.

Could you be a bit more specific as to what you are trying to do when the freeze happens, I have read on other forums that the software can be quite buggy and does require an up to date .Net Framework file installation.

Homepage click here info and FAQ's

bretsky ;0)

Pererin 11:59 24 Jul 2008

Burning music to a disc; unable to install now as after installation and opening programme it is frozen on screen immediately. The first time it was used it filled the screen but now when i install it, it uses only half the screen and I cannot even click on anything as it freezes instantly. Hope this helps you; what would you reccommend for burning music, have used Nero in the past but it is rather long winded.Thannks again for all help.

Pererin :0)

bretsky 13:01 24 Jul 2008

Have you been onto the forum because this is one of many known bugs click here

click here

Your comodo anti-spam is mentioned in one of the above links.

You have to remember that this freeware software is 'open source' software which means its code is available to anyone who has the knowhow to alter the way the software operates-usually to the better, and then submit its alterations to be included for the next update release, so what works for one might not work with others- file conflicts with other software apps.

I have read and other PCA forum members have used click here with good results.

bretsky ;0)

Pererin 13:38 24 Jul 2008

Thanks bretsky, I will try this and get back to you. Thanks again for all your help.

Pererin :));));)):))

bretsky 13:59 24 Jul 2008

Before you install anything else I would use this click here to remove all traces of CDBurner XP from your system, it's free and is favoured by many of the forum members here, then install & run click here again favoured by all the forum members, this also incorporates a registry cleaner, ONLY USE if you feel competent enough.

bretsky ;0)

Pererin 21:31 24 Jul 2008

Hi bretsky, have installed Deepburner as you suggested but cannot for the life of me get it to work. For some reason every time I try to add a song I get the message 'this is not a deepburner file'. Not sure what I am doing wrong, my files have the wma extension or logo on them so perhaps this is why it is not working. Anyway thanks for all your help oh and use ccleaner as per suggestion from one of you guys some time ago, Thanks again

pererin :0):0)

bretsky 23:16 24 Jul 2008

Have you tried using the software(DeepBurner)in data mode? I've just burnt a cdr with a few music tracks with the wma file extns and it played perfectly in wmp 10, just set the software to view vertically mode (three options in the toolbar)so you get the screen split in half, then go to the desired folder in the explorer window on the right side the simply drag n drop your selected music tracks to the left had panel then when finished click on the burn disk icon.
HTH

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 23:18 24 Jul 2008

Should read 'then simply drag n drop'

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 23:25 24 Jul 2008

Download the pdf help file from click here

bretsky ;0)

Pererin 12:44 25 Jul 2008

OK, I'll give the help download a go and let you know. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?