cd writing problems

rsturbo 23:15 25 Aug 2005

computer 1: no send to option when wanting to burn cd (xp) i items are dragged to cd drive box appears stating not accssible.

computer 2: send to option is present but when cd writing wizard starts (xp) it states recordable cd cannot be found.

have tried different cd'd to no avail.

both drives read cd'd ok, both computers on xp

please can anybody advise me?

woodchip 23:25 25 Aug 2005

I do not use XP writer. If you have NERO then use that as I think the XP one is a poor mans friend

woodchip 23:29 25 Aug 2005

if you do want to use it, try this if you have a full XP CD not a Restore Disc. Put the disc in computer stop it loading by turning the setup window off, Now in Run Box type

SFC /SCANNOW

just as you see it above or copy paste into Run Box

ashdav 23:36 25 Aug 2005

Use this click here .I've tried a few free burning programs and this one works. Download the free version. It's OK for everyday use.

rsturbo 22:23 14 Sep 2005

what about the 'send to' problem?

thanks for input so far (been away with work!)

woodchip 10:22 15 Sep 2005

You have to start the Program. Send to does not work with programs like NERO and the above. XP uses what is called Packet writing software. NERO as one included that can do the same as XP called InCD, this is loaded separate from NERO. And you first format a CD or CDRW and you can then use like a big floppy in Explorer just drag files on the drive

Try, open up MY COMPUTER, then right click on your CD writer, and select PROPERTIES with you left mouse button, Then under the tab RECORDING, select the option ENABLE CD RECORDING FOR THIS device.

See if that helps.

Stuartli 16:03 15 Sep 2005

Ahead does a Nero plug-in for Windows Media Player - you can find it here:

click here

Stuartli 16:04 15 Sep 2005

Or here:

click here

woodchip 21:57 15 Sep 2005

Just had a thought, Have you ever written to the CD. If not you may not have a CD writer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?