CD writer wont burn!

gemma_loan 23:50 28 Jan 2005

I have a Acer CDRW 24x10x40 when i put a disk it it will read whats on the disk but when i try to copy to it it scomes up with an error msg saying that I havnt got a black cd in - I've tried loads of disks and nothing works Ive also tried reinstalling the drivers and this doesnt help either! Im reluctant to change it as i rounded the screws off putting it in and will be a nightmare to get out!

goonerbill © ® 00:27 29 Jan 2005

i may have miss read your thread but are you trying to write to cd that you have put into the drive that all ready has something on it ie: music etc.

toni b 00:34 29 Jan 2005

what is the error messages you get and what software are you using to record with.Also what operating system?

FelixTCat 00:44 29 Jan 2005

There are many ways of writing to a CD, but the 2 normal ones are to use a writing program to write large chunks of data to a cd all at once or to use the cd like a large floppy disk so that you can write data to it whenever you like. It sounds like you want the second and it is called packet writing.

To do this you have to format the cd and have a driver on your computer to do the writing. They normally come as part of cd writing software as well (eg Nero's is called InCD.

WinXP has built-in packet writing software.

What operating system are you using and what CD writing software do you have?

gemma_loan 10:47 29 Jan 2005

Hi im using windows XP. At the moment im using windows media player o copy cd's as i use it on my laptop and find it really easy to use.
The error messgae that im getting is to insert a blank cd into the drive - ive bought a load of blank cds and nothing works!

JonnyTub 11:06 29 Jan 2005
  gemma_loan 12:03 29 Jan 2005

thanks - Im trying to download nero now - could it be that Acer products only use nero to burn cos it used to work!

gemma_loan 12:03 29 Jan 2005

thanks - Im trying to download nero now - could it be that Acer products only use nero to burn cos it used to work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?