CD Writer will not write on cd rom drawer

User-DACAA4B6-2071-4134-8A1E49BBB8414030 13:19 04 Feb 2005

I am running windows XP, and I want to copy files to the CDWR but I find that once the files are on the CD I cannot change them unless I transfer all from the cd to the hard drive and then back again!!
CD Writer will not write on cd rom drawer

ACOLYTE 13:23 04 Feb 2005

Im not quite sure what you mean by change them ?but are you doing a multidisk copy,if so you need to select the last session you wrote on the cd to be able to accsess them,sometimes if you have more than one session you cant see them all.
if this is not what you mean please elaborate.

What I mean is that if I have a file on eg Word and put it on the CDWR disc and then want to add or change it I have to transfer it to my hard drive and change it and then put it back on the disc. If I have more than 1 file I have to xfer all the files over and back again

plsndrs3 14:10 04 Feb 2005

This is normal. I guess from your last post that you are looking for the CD-RW to act like a 3.5 floppy and, if so, this can be done on some writes/software. You need to use the CDRW as a UDF format - Nero has an option for this. You can then open, amend and save away as you would a floppy disk.

HTH

Paul

ACOLYTE 14:11 04 Feb 2005

You cant alter or add to a document once its been saved to cd unless you reburn the document again and to do that you need to copy the doc to your hard drive and add what you wont then burn it back.

ACOLYTE 14:12 04 Feb 2005

was just going to add that bit lol,well done.

TomJerry 14:21 04 Feb 2005

to use RW discs the way you described, you need to format it first, but this can only be done with so called "packet writting" software, e.g. DirectCD with Roxio, InCD with Nero, DLA with Sonic, FileCD with NTI etc etc

Is Nero INCD on Nero6?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:47 04 Feb 2005

Yes on the same cd but you have to install it seperately

I am not a great computer operater but I cant c nero incd on the disc , is it called anything else?

TomJerry 15:11 04 Feb 2005

click here, it is the update-package 3.

I do not know if it will work for the license purpose.

Because OEM version of Nero maynot have INCD. If this is the case, it will not install even you get the file.

SVP sell two different OEM version of Nero, one £3.49 another £8.49, give them a buzz to find out if INCD is included, if it is then it is not expensive to buy click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017