CD Tray opening closing constantly

Scubaman 10:54 16 Jul 2009

Hi,
I am having a problem with my CD/DVD player. When I boot up the tray opens for 10 sec then closes and then opens after 15 secs continually. If I play a CD/DVD it stay closed and plays normally. Any ideas? I have tried system restore after windows auto update yesterday.
Cheers

chub_tor 11:07 16 Jul 2009

click here found this on another forum and it is one solution that might help you.

Most other sufferers from this problem suggest that it is a sign of a failing drive or it is caused by malware or that you have a programme running in the background that is looking for a disc. Your system restore should have sorted out the latter as being the cause.

woodchip 11:14 16 Jul 2009

when you have a disc in the comp, instead of pressing the button to eject CD. Right click CD and choose Eject, it may solve it

woodchip 11:15 16 Jul 2009

Only other thing I can think is remove the CD from Device Manager Uninstall it reboot for it to re-find CD drive

woodchip 11:17 16 Jul 2009

Go into BIOS make sure CD is set to second boot Drive save and exit BIOS

Scubaman 12:59 16 Jul 2009

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. Well chub_tor thanks but the compressed air didn't work but thanks anyway. Thanks woodchip the remove and reboot worked.

woodchip 13:23 16 Jul 2009

good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?