CD-RW PROBLEM

coolteentom 19:32 24 Feb 2004

About 2 years ago, I bought an internal CD-RW to go into my system, which I installed, and it worked fine, along with the CD-ROM Drive (which came with the system.)
However, I got a virus on the system, and tried to fix it by reinstalling from Win98SE to first edition. This, however, didn't work, and resulted in the 2 CD Drives to freezing the system when a disk was loaded in either. Since then, I have found that this only happens if there is any CD-writing software installed on the system.

I took the PC to this PC Clinic, who wiped the drive and took off the virus, but they didn't know why the drives weren't working.

I have now installed Windows 98 SECOND EDITION back on, and also changed the drives to a better config, thanks to Woodchip and others, but the system still freezes when CD-copying software is installed and I place a cd in either drive.

Sorry for the long message!

Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks, Tom

Chegs ® 19:34 24 Feb 2004

click here

What was wrong with your 1st posting on this problem?

coolteentom 19:41 24 Feb 2004

I just thought it looked quite long and confusing, and wanted to start again, so that anyone who thought they knew anything, didn't have to spend ages reading through it all ---

Thanks for putting the link on though - so people can see more into the problem if they need to.

Tom

Is this relevant? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?