CD-RW files invisible after installing Windows XP

Robber Roy 17:34 18 Aug 2003

Using Version 4 of Easy CD Creator I saved some .jpg pictures in 4 folders, together with some short video clips (.asx, I think) on a CD-RW. I recently formatted my hard drive and installed Windows XP Home. Whenever I put the CD in either my internal DVD drive or my external SCSI HP 9200 rewriter, Windows Explorer shows it as "UDF Reader" and shows only 2 files: Autorun.inf (1KB) and udfrinst.exe (421KB). A pop up message box always appears, titled Adaptec Setup Wizard. It says: "A disc has been inserted that requires the Adaptec UDF Reader. This setup wizard installs the Adaptec UDF Reader for Windows 95/Windows NT. Do you wish to continue?" In hope, I press "Yes" and I get a message to say that UDF Reader is up to date. I still can't see or access my picture files. If I press "No", the message simply disappears.

I thought that, perhaps, I needed to re-install Easy CD Creator to solve the problem. Since Version 4 will not work with Windows XP, I installed Version 6. It made no difference. Are my pix lost for ever or can anyone suggest something else for me to try?

spikeychris 19:24 18 Aug 2003

click here for others with the same probs

R4 19:42 18 Aug 2003

if you don't load DirectCD at Bootup.(I Don't) Try running DirectCD this should allow you to see the files on the CD.

Robber Roy 20:43 20 Aug 2003

Thanks, Guys.

I re-installed Easy CD Creator and all was back to normal.

Yippee!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?