Cd rom from Pc advisor wont install

susie1997 20:48 03 May 2009

the free programmes from Pc advisor wont install, message comes up with " os is not adequate for running print perfect deluxe" I run Vista home premium , why can't it run? also I cannot click to install the free virus protection offered in the latest PC advisor which is the reason I bought that mag and its avery interesting mag I must say, there is not a link on the cover CD when I run the CD which came with the magazine. I downloaded the free programme from PC tools and entered the promotion code whicc said I was successful in downloading it but then the "tech guys" came into play and "repaired" my PC which they said couldnt start up and then I uninstalled the PCtools internet security for safety. anyone help on this subject?I have Avast AV at the moment

citadel 21:36 03 May 2009

you only need one av running. print perfect, maybe it dosent work on vista just xp.

susie1997 09:34 04 May 2009

hi citadel, thanks for the reply but the cover cd says it should work with vista, and I was trying to change my AV to PCtools AV but it says to uninstall Avira before I can install Pctools internet AV but I cannot save the PCtools programmeAV to install later I dont like to work with NO AV at all so am a bit of a loss

Graphicool1 15:28 04 May 2009

Try this run a put the PCA CD in, rund an anti virus check on the disk. When it checks out as being clean, go offline, turn off your AV as instructed. Put the disk back in and install the programme. Sorted!

Graphicool1 15:31 04 May 2009

Try this...put the PCA CD in, run an anti virus check on the disk. When it checks out as being clean, go offline, turn off your AV as instructed. Put the disk back in and install the programme. Remove the disk, turn your AV back on. Sorted!

Sorry about all the previous typo's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?