cd rom dvd rom not reponding

REDFOX 10:50 01 Apr 2003

I had a virus, reloaded my os W ME edition and now when I put a CD in it does not read or even recocnize the CD

REDFOX 11:24 01 Apr 2003

I want to upload software W ME works and word etc but when I put the CD in it says put CD in drive D as well as the restore CD that I used to reload my OS.When I put my data backup CD in it shows the data , but when I put a original music CD in it does not recocnise the CD,what is wrong

wotbus@ 11:57 01 Apr 2003

I have Me and occasionally for some reason I lose my auto-start.This has always worked in my case:
Use Start\Run\Regedit and open Hkey_Current-_User,Software,Microsoft,Windows,CurrentVersion,Policies,Explorer and check that the value "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" is 95 00 00 00.
Somehow,in my case, this value has always been changed!.
Other checks: The CD-ROM drive is using Windows driver rather than a DOS one.
Check Windows Driver properties to that Auto insert notification is seleceted.
In Explorer's Folder Options, check the entry for the AudioCD file type. It should have an entry named Play which is selected by default and runs a multimedia playback app such as WinMedPlayer.
(I claim no credit for this info-its from PCA July 2002). Good luck!

REDFOX 12:36 01 Apr 2003

I am not sure where to do this,the rest is all ok 95 00 00 00 and play is the aidio file type althuogh it says audioCD file type N/A

wotbus@ 13:17 01 Apr 2003

WorkPost or WorkStation or whatever UK versions call it-perhaps My Computer!, Properties,Manager. Expand the CD Rom, select the drive in question,Properties,Parameters and check all is ticked correctly here.

wotbus@ 13:30 01 Apr 2003

bit out of my depth now, but you could try Run,Msconfig,Tools,System Config Utility and listed under General and System.ini tabs are references to Drivers. Under the same msconfig,Tools there is Dr Watson: Try running him and see if he turns up something.If no joy its over to someone else as my own problem with regard to this situation never goes past the wrong value mentioned earlier. Sorry its not more positive.Good luck.

REDFOX 14:57 01 Apr 2003

In system information under problem devices this heading show as a problem and looking under my IRQ no's this ACPI IRQ HOLDER for PCI IRQ is under IRQ 3,5,9,11 THIS CANNOT BE RIGHT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone