CD Rom Drive and

neil_raj 18:23 12 Mar 2006

Just loaded Win98SE onto a old laptop (PII) and hard drive (30GB) for a friend, everything top noth until trying to set up his broadband account through the CD Rom, it reads the CD Rom but return an illegal action message stating cannot find d:\Tiscali.exe .......details are error: DIRAPI.dll

Any ideas please..... the old hard drive of 4.3GB takes the CD Rom and the installtion no probs..... thanks..... Neil.

neil_raj 19:13 12 Mar 2006

Just loaded Win98SE onto a old laptop (PII) and hard drive (30GB) for a friend, everything top noth until trying to set up his broadband account through the CD Rom, it reads the CD Rom but return an illegal action message stating cannot find d:\Tiscali.exe .......details are error: DIRAPI.dll

Any ideas please..... the old hard drive of 4.3GB takes the CD Rom and the installtion no probs..... thanks..... Neil.

Totally-braindead 19:47 12 Mar 2006

If it will take it on the old hard drive ok but not the new one then I would say its possible that the installation of Windows isn't complete and that may be causing the problem. I presume you did a clean install of 98 then installed the motherboard drivers did you? If not then this is what I would try to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?