cd rom door wont open

blue_eyes 05:16 11 Apr 2003

help...i'm running windows 98 and my cd rom door wont open ....the light in front of the computer stays on all the time and if i go to my computer to open it says i havent got a cd rom installed...it is driving me crazy i have turned the computer off and unplugged it over night which used to help but it doesnt now...do i need to have it checked out....
pulling hair out thanks for any help..
Debbie

bigray 05:29 11 Apr 2003

There is sometimes a small hole below the drawer, if you push a straightened paper clip in, it will allow you to get a cd out, it may work after, if not get it checked out, this worked for me with same problem, been ok since

DieSse 09:48 11 Apr 2003

New CD-ROM drive methinks.

StanH 12:49 11 Apr 2003

This has beendiscussed at length in

click here

but not resolved apparently

misery 21:27 11 Apr 2003

open Windows Explorer, does the Cd-rom appear as a drive letter? If so right click and select properties and click eject. Other than that I guess the other answer is to 'bin it'.

meatlaff2 14:49 12 Apr 2003

Hi Blue
Only other thing you can try is,Take the cover off the comp case, un plug the cd drive then plug it back in, same with the plug into mother board. re start comp and see what happens. If it still don't work I agree with "if you" Bin it

woodchip 15:14 12 Apr 2003

Before doing anything drastic, go to device manager and remove the CD rom from the list you will have to expand it first. then restart your comp and retry CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?